During 2019, with the existing Territorial Mission Plan timed to end, senior leaders met to decide what to do next. With an upcoming change of leadership and future plans to develop a new territorial strategy, it was decided to not launch a full mission plan. Instead, we would identify some key issues facing the organisation, and then commit as a territory to address these.
Five 'commitments' were identified and shared with the territory at Congress in October 2019.
Believing any significant change must come from the front-line, senior leadership have intentionally not provided plans for how these commitments will be achieved. Instead, all Salvationists are asked personally to commit to help address each issue in their context.
Together, let's commit:
- To sharpening our focus and doing mission together
- To intentionally making passionate disciples of Jesus
- To prioritising the next generations, cultural diversity, and in New Zealand, our Tiriti partnership
- To re-imagining mission centres to be effective and sustainable
- To processes that are user-friendly, nimble and able to adapt to changing circumstances.